Helen Lowe, Head of Legal Operations
"There's a certain energy that you have to have to do a role like this. You have to be ready to engage people constantly, and have very similar conversations over and over again to try and make sure they're on the same page as you need them to be."
In today's episode of the Limitless Lawyer Podcast, we have Helen Lowe, Head of Legal Operations at EasyJet, one of Europe's most well-known airlines.
I am excited to interview one of the most impressive leaders in the Legal Ops space. Helen has had a fascinating career, from audit at KPMG, to change management at a nuclear decommissioning site.
In this conversation we discuss:
- Her career journey and how she was recruited into legal ops.
- Leadership, talent development, and creating a high-energy culture.
- Building resilience in the face of setbacks, from a change management, and career development standpoint.
- The importance of developing our mindset muscles, showing up with consistency and persistence.
- Recruiting into legal ops! We explore if lawyers or those with alternative backgrounds are preferred.
- The impact that COVID-19 is going to have on work culture in the legal space.
- The importance of leveraging the value out of your legal technology.
- We discuss the O-Shaped Lawyer, and why client-centric solutions are what many in-house legal teams are crying out for.
- Entrepreneur lawyers, digital nomads, and the demand for autonomy, flexibility in the workplace.
If you enjoyed the podcast, we would love for you to give it a 5* Review in Apple, Spotify or wherever you listen to your podcasts.
The doors for my Limitless Leaders Mastermind are open.
It kicks off in August and takes you right through to the end of the year.
The perfect way to supercharge the second half of the year, and we already have some incredible Lawyer Leader sign-ups!
So what's the Mastermind about Charlotte?
This high-level mastermind has been created by myself, an international award-winning lawyer, turned lawyer leadership coach, and is specifically designed to support talented women leaders from around the globe at working at partnership level / leading an in-house legal team/ legal entrepreneur.
Areas of mastermind focus include:
- Getting clear on your visionand defining your Q4 strategy. E.g. Budget for legal tech, legal team innovation, management systems, and efficiencies in how you manage your practice/ the legal function.
- Create complete clarity around your leadership identity and show up authentically as the powerful leader that you are.
- Elevate your executive presenceand share your leadership voice confidently and effectively. Grow legal as a powerful thought partner and impactful business unit. Not as a cost center. Learn personal branding + elevating your thought leadership.
- Become a master at stress management. Learn how to create balance in life and career – for your health, well-being, and your loved ones. Learn to create time in your schedule to do the things that are important to you. To ensure life always has space for relaxation, joy, and fun– no matter how demanding your career!
- Understand how your sleep, rest, nutrition, and exercise impact performance and cognitive function- so you consistently perform at the highest level. There's a reason why athletes have such dialed-in routines, time for rest and recovery! You, my lawyer friend, are a mental athlete. ;-) Let's treat our bodies as such.
I bring my 15+ years of experience working as a + with the legal profession to this mastermind. The caliber of members is exceptionally high, filled with impressive women with accomplished careers.
In addition to powerful group coaching, the mastermind members will have access to a community of female lawyer leaders sharing similar leadership challenges, plus a private client portal that is packed full of self-led courses, webinars, worksheets, and guides, designed specifically for lawyers like you.
It will be a fantastic program, and the energy created by this group will be incredible.
Mastermind Members include:
- GC of a sizable tech media company on the East Coast.
- Partner in San Francisco-based, regional firm.
- An international lawyer working at a magic-circle law firm/ global firm transitioning into Partnership.
- London former lawyer and SaaS/ legal tech entrepreneur.
The Limitless Lawyer masterminds are high-energy, the thinking is innovative, we are playful, creative. We are a supportive community who uplift one another.
We value diversity and believe that as leaders we are always learning growing from our experiences. The challenges we face, we grow from!
We are here in this mastermind to up-level and grow.
Mastermind places are limited, by application only, and fill up fast.
This is a great opportunity to join our Limitless Lawyer community.
If you are interested in applying to join the mastermind, hit REPLY or book your consult.
All the best,