You may have heard about one of the latest apps to hit the world of social media. Periscope… Love it or hate it, live video streaming apps are here to stay. Whilst Periscope has its fair share of time wasting teenage users, big brands are also claiming their Periscope handles. If you know where to look, there are some really interesting accounts.
Watch people from all around the world; fashion designers at Selfridges, Q&A sessions with big business leaders, lectures at Ivy League universities. Listen to thought leaders (and celebs) talk about their day. Look inside an atom collider, you can even go on a hot air balloon ride! The possibilities using this medium are literally endless. Periscope is in its initial stages and therefore is screaming out for businesses to use the medium well.
Here’s the basics regarding Periscope.
- Periscope Owned by Twitter.
- Launched in late March.
- It’s pretty addictive!
- It is similar to Twitter, but enables users to live stream videos, straight from your smart phone.
- Many lifestyle brands are using Periscope including Selfridges, River Island. Magazines such as Grazia, the Daily Mail, the Times. Tourist boards across the world are embracing it- I just spotted Welcome to Yorkshire.
- Even barristers and law firms are engaging.
- Check out Blacks Solicitors in Leeds, who are doing an exceptional job of using the power of Periscope.
- Interested in finding out more about how Periscope could help grow your brand?
We can assist you with:
- Recommendations of implementation.
- Competitor analysis.
- Brand strategy and concept streaming development.